The Tech Trends You Can’t Ignore in 2015
Here is a “core set of five attributes to look for emerging patterns: contradictions, inflections, oddities, coincidences, and inversions. Those attributes help us identify a set of likely trends on the horizon. Then, we put each trend through what we call The Five Questions:
- Where/how are people wasting their time?
- Where/how are people having difficulty with technology?
- Where/how are people looking for information?
- Where/how are people stuck?
- How do people want to be perceived?
The Five Questions help us qualitatively and quantitatively assess whether or not that pattern is actually a trend that will stick in the future.”
The five trends:
Smart virtual personal assistants
“It’s like Uber for ____”
Oversight for algorithms
Block chain technology