The latest (June 2011) issue of Computers in Libraries has a couple of good articles on innovation. (Disclosure – I wrote one of the sidebars). They’re available for free on the website right now so take a look.
Assessing Innovation in Corporate and Government Libraries
By Deane Zeeman, Rebecca Jones, and Jane Dysart
By Stephen Abram
Innovative Services in Libraries
By Jane Dysart and Rebecca Jones
And the HBR blog is on the same topic this week:
Innovation’s Nine Critical Success Factors
via HBR.org by Vijay Govindarajan
“1. A compelling case for innovation.
2. An inspiring, shared vision of the future.
3. A fully aligned strategic innovation agenda.
4. Visible senior management involvement.
5. A decision-making model that fosters teamwork in support of passionate champions.
6. A creatively resourced, multi-functional dedicated team.
7. Open-minded exploration of the marketplace drivers of innovation.
8. Willingness to take risk and see value in absurdity.
9. A well-defined yet flexible execution process.”