Public Libraries play a major role in the entertainment programs of their communities for many of their cardholders.
Again, this is a sector undergoing enormous and speedy chcange.
5 Major Trends That Changed Digital Entertainment in 2011
1. Social TV and the iPad Transform the Boob Tube
2. Spotify and Subscription Streaming Disrupt Music Industry
3. Movie Marketing is Socialized
4. Casual Gaming Gets Serious
5. Netflix Implodes: The Battle Over Content, Consumption and Ownership Continues
I would add that fiction is an entertainment industry and that many of the above trends will impact the fiction marketplace as fiction publishing increasingly adopts digital strategies. Combining e-reader/tablet devices with subscription streaming and you change the game.