I am a fan of John Battlelle’s annual predictions:
2013 will be the year that….
- We figure out what the hell “Big Data” really is, and realize it’s bigger than we thought (despite its poor name). \
- Adtech does not capitulate, in fact, it has its best year ever, thanks to … data.
- Google trumps Apple in mobile.
- The Internet enables frictionless (but accountable) payments
- Twitter comes of age and recommits itself as an open platform.
- Facebook embraces the “rest of the web.”
- By the end of the year, Amazon will have an advertising business on a run rate comparable to Microsoft.
- The world will learn what “synthetic biology” is, because of a major breakthrough in the field.
Waiting . . .