14 Dos and Don’ts to Being a Good Facebook Friend
- “DO like and comment on all your best friend’s profile pictures.
- DON’T fight on Facebook.
- DO RSVP promptly to event invites.
- DON’T post vulgar status updates from your friends’ accounts.
- DO wish happy birthday to friends, family, coworkers and acquaintances (even if you’ve already said it IRL)
- DON’T like or comment your friend’s picture from 2009.
- DO let them know when they’ve been hacked
- DON’T be nosy when someone’s relationship status changes from “In a Relationship” to “Single.”
- DO post photos in a timely manner.
- DON’T Poke people you don’t know very well.
- DON’T friend-request people you don’t know very well.
- DO make sure everyone looks good in your new profile or cover picture — not just you.
- DON’T post embarrassing things on your friends’ Walls, especially if that activity could get them in trouble while looking for a job or applying to college.
- DO respond to Facebook messages promptly, especially when they’re important.”