10 Surprising Social Media Statistics That Might Make You Rethink Your Social Strategy
More detail after the link.
“1. The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55-64 year age bracket.
- This demographic has grown 79% since 2012.
- The 45-54 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on both Facebook and Google+.
- For Facebook, this group has jumped 46%.
- For Google+, 56%.
2. 189 million of Facebook’s users are ‘mobile only’
3. YouTube reaches more U.S. adults aged 18-34 than any cable network
4. Every second 2 new members join LinkedIn
5. Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the web
6. LinkedIn has a lower percentage of active users than Pinterest, Google+, Twitter and Facebook
7. 93% of marketers use social media for business
8. 25% of smartphone owners ages 18-44 say they can’t recall the last time their smartphone wasn’t next to them
9. Even though 62% of marketers blog or plan to blog in 2013, only 9% of US marketing companies employ a full-time blogger
10. 25% of Facebook users don’t bother with privacy settings”