2 minute video
“According to the 7 Cs, your communication should always be:
- Clear: Make the goal of your message clear to your recipient. Ask yourself what the purpose of your communication is.
- Concise: Your message should also be brief and to the point. Why communicate your message in six sentences when you can do it in three?
- Concrete: Ensure your message has important details and facts, but that nothing deters the focus of your message.
- Correct: Make sure what you’re writing or saying is accurate. Bad information doesn’t help anybody. Also make sure that your message is typo free.
- Coherent: Does your message make sense? Check to see that all of your points are relevant and that everything is consistent with the tone and flow or your text.
- Complete: Your message is complete when all relevant information is included in an understandable manner and there is a clear “call to action”. Does your audience know what you want them to do?
- Courteous: Ensure that your communication is friendly, open, and honest, regardless of what the message is about. Be empathetic and avoid passive-aggressive tones.”
A Checklist for Clear Communication