Library 2.015 is all day on Tuesday, October 20th. Anyone from anywhere in the world can participate for free (as long as they have an Internet connection)! Links for the conference are below. There are 50 sessions and 3 keynotes, and the schedule with connecting information is listed for time zones throughout the world.
We’re celebrating the fifth anniversary of our conference! Huge thanks and a shout-out to founding partner The School of Information at San José State University and its director (and conference co-chair), Dr. Sandra Hirsh, for the vision and support that has made this unique event a reality. With their help the conference community has grown to over 21,000 members, and we encourage you to learn more, make connections, and get future announcements by joining Library 2.0.
For our pre-conference event this year, we’re excited to announce Teacher Librarian Day on Monday, October 19th, a five-hour special (and also free) series of online sessions around the topic of “Teacher Librarians and School Culture” – organized by Joyce Valenza, with lots ofspecial guests, and supported by CiSSL, the Center for International Scholarship in School Libraries at Rutgers. The conference has inherited the Global Teacher Librarian Ning network, with over 7,000 members–learn more and connect with others at http://www.
We sincerely hope you will join us. Below are event links, plus some sample posts and tweets you can use if you’re able to help us promote either or both of these events. You can also forward this post/email. Please do let your networks know–it’s all free!
- Main Conference Page: http://www.library20.com
- Keynote Speaker Information: http://www.library20.com/page/
- Attending + Schedule Page (in multiple time zones): http://www.library20.com/page/
- Teacher Librarian Day: http://www.teacherlibrarian.
Sample Posts + Tweets:
The conference hashtag is “#lib2015” | The Teacher Librarian Day hashtag is “#tlday15”
- Sample post (conference): “The fifth annual Library 2.015 Worldwide Virtual Conference will be held on October 20th, 2015 from 7am – 8pm US Pacific / 10am – 11pm US Eastern (International Times available on the site). Everyone is invited to participate in the conference, designed to foster collaboration and knowledge sharing among information professionals worldwide. Register for free as a member of the Library 2.0 network to attend and to be kept informed of future events! http://www.library20.com“
- Sample post (pre-conference): “Teacher Librarian Day is Monday, October 19th, five great hours of free online sessions on ‘Teacher Librarians and School Culture.’ This pre-conference bonus to the annual Library 2.0 conference features Joyce Valenza, Michelle Luhtala, Shannon Miller, Ross Todd, Naomi Bates, Karen Bonano, and Craig Seasholes leading a panel on ‘Social Justice @Library.’ All welcome, more information at http://www.teacherlibrarian.
- Sample tweet (conference): “Join us Oct 20 for the 5th annual Library 2.0 conference 50 presentations + keynotes all free and online #lib2015 http://www.library20.com“
- Sample tweet (pre-conference): “Join us Oct 19 for Teacher Librarian Day all free and online – awesome lineup #tlday15 http://www.teacherlibrarian.