The top 7 predictions for the future of media
At IGNITION, in his presentation, Henry Blodget, co-founder, CEO, and editor-in-chief of Business Insider, one of the most-read business and tech news sites in the world with more than 80 million visitors a month worldwide, details where the future of media is likely headed.
“Here are some of the key takeaways:
- Digital media consumption is growing. Everything else is shrinking.
- Video, music, and digital “print” subscriptions are climbing fast.
- Native digital advertising will continue to thrive.
- The existential crisis of ad blocking will resolve itself — but be careful what you wish for.
- The next big platform will not be smart glasses, smart cars or virtual reality.
- TV networks will soon feel newspapers’ pain.
- Power and wealth will be more concentrated than ever.
- And much more. “