10 Trends to Watch in Digital Marketing for 2016
“Here are 10 Trends in Digital Marketing
- Return on Investment – the infographic speaks to getting beyond vanity metrics like traffic and shares, but I believe the trend to watch is improved attribution within analyticstoolsets.
- Think Global Instead of Local – multilanguage, real-time translation, and internationalization are all making it possible for commerce to go global. Not to mention that shipping already supports it.
- Personalization – engagement and conversion rates increase when messages are personalized based on the timing, behavior, demographics and location of the buyer.
- Emergence of Data Science – big data technology is now accessible to the masses and small and mid-sized businesses are gaining access to predictive data they never thought possible.
- Mobile Prioritization – mobile apps, social media, video, mobile browsing, location-based mobile browsing… the mobile device is now central to our online engagement.
- Influencer Marketing – seeking out the people that own your prospects and working with them to influence that audience is having incredible results as display and search engagement fade.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality – Cube just mentioned virtual, but I’m not sure it’s going to be as huge a deal as augmented reality. The ability to enhance our engagement with the world we live in seems to have more possibilities in my opinion.
- App Indexing – building tools to help visitors should be central to every company’s digital marketing presence. We built a unit conversion calculator for a chemical manufacturer that has become the best in their industry and used by everyone in their target market – leading to great awareness and conversions.
- Wearable Technology and IoT – Local marketing and targeting of wearable technologies presents a great opportunity for companies to both interact and push messaging directly where the prospect or customer is paying attention.
- Omni-Channel Marketing – The convergence of online and offline marketing has evolved. It’s even bringing back the some traditional marketing where your message is heard simply because there’s not as much competition.”