2017 Social Media Marketing Statistics You Can’t Miss!
“Social Media Demographic Statistics
- 75% of male internet users are on Facebook as well as 83% of female internet users Tweet This!
- 32% of teenagers consider Instagram to be the most important social network Tweet This!
- Female internet users are more likely to use Instagram than men, at 38% vs. 26% Tweet This!
- 29% of internet users with college degrees use Twitter, compared to 20% with high school degrees or less Tweet This!
- 81% of millennials check Twitter at least once per day Tweet This!
- Most Instagram users are between 18-29 years old, about six-in-ten online adults Tweet This!
- 22% of the world’s total population uses Facebook Tweet This!
- LinkedIn boasts more than 450 million user profiles Tweet This!
- On any given day, Snapchat reaches 41% of 18 to 34-year-olds in the US Tweet This!
- YouTube overall, and even YouTube on mobile alone, reaches more 18-34 and 18-49 year-olds than any cable network in the US Tweet This!
Social Media Usage Statistics
- Facebook continues to be the most widely used social media platform, with 79% of American internet users Tweet This! Based on total population, (not just internet users) 68% of U.S. adults are on Facebook.
- Instagram receives the silver medal with 32% of users Tweet This! Pinterest coming in a close third with 31%, and LinkedIn and Twitter at 29% and 24% respectively.
- 76% of Facebook users visited the site daily during 2016, with over 1.6 billion daily visitors, compared to 70% of daily usage Tweet This! in 2015.
- The average LinkedIn user spends 17 minutes on the site per month Tweet This!
- 51% of Instagram users access the platform daily, and 35% say they look at the platform several times per day Tweet This!
- Almost 80% of time spent on social media platforms happens on mobile Tweet This!
- Katy Perry has the most worldwide twitter followers, at 94.65 million Tweet This!
- Over 400 million snaps are shared on Snapchat per day, and almost 9,000 photos are shared every second Tweet This!
- Just 10 thousand YouTube videos have generated more than 1 billion views Tweet This!
- More than half of all YouTube views are on mobile devices Tweet This!
Social Media Business Statistics
- Instagram earns $595 million in mobile ad revenue per year, a rapidly increasing number Tweet This!
- Despite news of layoffs and executives leaving the company, Twitter’s revenue is up 8% YOY Tweet This!
- 59% of Americans with social media accounts think that customer service through social media has made it easier to get questions answered and issues resolved Tweet This!
- Over 50 million businesses use Facebook Business Pages Tweet This!
- 2 million business use to Facebook for advertising Tweet This!
- Facebook’s total revenue grew 56% in 2016, and advertising revenue grew 59% Tweet This!
- 93% of Pinterest users use the platform to plan or make purchases Tweet This!
- 39% of LinkedIn users pay for monthly premium accounts Tweet This!
- Pinterest drives 25% of all retail website referral traffic Tweet This!
- More than 56% of online adults use more than one social media platform Tweet This!
Social Media Content Statistics
- Tweets with images receive 18% more clicks than tweets without images Tweet This!
- 100 million food and 146 fashion boards exist on Pinterest Tweet This!
- On LinkedIn, 98% of posts with images receive more comments and posts with links have a 200% higher engagement rate Tweet This!
- There are about 81 million fake Facebook accounts and about 5% of twitter accounts are bogus Tweet This!
- 100 million hours of video content are watched on Facebook daily Tweet This!
- More than 1 million LinkedIn users have published long-form content, with 160,000 long-form posts being published weekly Tweet This! and over 19.7 million SlideShare presentations have been uploaded to the platform.
- 88% of businesses with more than 100 employees use twitter for marketing purposes Tweet This!
- The user-submitted YouTube video with the most views is Charlie bit my finger with over 845 million views Tweet This!
- Pizza is the most widely instagrammed food, directly ahead of steak and sushi Tweet This!
- Blogging continues to grow, with over 409 million people viewing more than 23.6 billion pages each month on WordPress alone Tweet This!