In the 21st century, libraries of all types are responding to the changing social, economic, and political impacts of living in a digital society. The State of America’s Libraries 2017: A Report from the American Library Association, a special American Libraries digital supplement, details the ways that library workers help individuals develop new skills, communicate with others through new technologies, and help make their communities better places to live.
Edited by Kathy Rosa, director of ALA’s Office for Research and Statistics, The State of America’s Libraries 2017 features news and commentary on:
- The Top Ten Most Challenged Books in 2016
- Equity, diversity, and inclusion in libraries
- Children’s and teen services
- Public libraries taking action
- New responsibilities for academic libraries
- Resources to combat fake news
- Calls to action in support of libraries
Read this special issue online here.