50/50 Shades of Grey
Romance Literature Statistics: Overview
“Popularity of Romance Fiction
(source: Business of Consumer Book Publishing 2011)
- Romance fiction sales are estimated at $1.368 billion for 2011.
- 74.8 million people read at least one romance novel in 2008. (source: RWA Reader Survey)
- Romance fiction was the largest share of the U.S. consumer market in 2010 at 13.4 percent.
Romance Market Share Compared to Other Genres
(source: Simba Information estimates)
- Romance fiction: $1.358 billion in estimated revenue for 2010
- Religion/inspirational: $759 million
- Mystery: $682 million
- Science fiction/fantasy: $559 million
- Classic literary fiction: $455 million”
Love conquers all…