“Readers say technology literacy is about much more than learning how to use certain applications
1. Online literacy: “The most important technology skill for students is the ability to judge the quality and hidden influences of content that they encounter in the online world.
2. Critical thinking: “It is using technology in the questioning of what is known and unknown; developing new facts or theories from what is known; questioning assumptions and fact with new knowledge and facts.
3. The science behind the technology: The issue is not what piece of software/hardware to educate our future leaders about, but what it takes to make the software and piece of hardware.
4. Adaptability: resourcefulness, initiative, risk-taking, and creativity to learn and master any technology
5. Courage: Being able to experiment with a technology or software and not worry if you’re using it ‘correctly.’ “
Read the post.