from The Michigan Community College Association‘s Virtual Learning Collaborative
“What Are The 10 Myths About Online Education?
- Myth #1 – I can do assignments anytime
- Myth #2 – Online courses do not follow the regular semester
- Myth #3 – I can “hide” and remain anonymous in an online class
- Myth #4 – Personal attention doesn’t exist in an online class
- Myth #5 – Online classes are easier
- Myth #6 – Broken computers are acceptable excuses
- Myth #7 –The college will provide me with a computer for this class
- Myth #8 – I will be taught how to use a computer as part of my online class
- Myth #9 – Procrastination is OK in online classes
- Myth #10 – I can cram all my work into one login session”
Read more in the slideshow.