HTML5 is one of the biggest trends in web and mobile web coding standards. It’s important and it’s time to invest in understanding this standard. It’s not just about video but that’s what is driving the adoption of HTML5 and hastening the potential decline of Adobe Macromedia Flash. Video isn’t just about entertainment but plays a huge role in news, education and conferences.
1. Nearly two-thirds of web video is already encoded for HTML5
2. One of HTML5’s biggest benefits for marketers is its native video support.
3. HTML5 videos can be built directly into supporting browsers, which enables publishers to deliver full-motion, high-quality video faster.
4. There are also direct video SEO benefits.
5. HTML5 improves search engines’ understanding of the structure and content of a video and provides greater accessibility.
6. Simple browser coding makes HTML5 videos more searchable and indexable.
“Research has showniPad users consume two and a half times as many videos as the typical web user that iPad users consume two and a half times as many videos as the typical web user and three times as many videos as iPhone users.”
I know that’s true. I personally find video a joy to watch on my iPad.